Sunday, December 10, 2017

DINNER PARTY-JESSYE

Dinner Party

                                         
                                           JESSYE


Artist Statement

"Jessye", a Flagler College International student was teamed up with me to create a sculpture. After an interview, and some thought, I created this piece I named, "Jessye" This sculpture will be used as a centerpiece at the Inaugural Dinner for Flagler College's newest President, Dr. James Joiner.My inspiration for the sculpture zeroed in on Jessye's dream to own her own Fashion Magazine in New York City, NY, one day.














Research-


Matt Kelleher

"Aware of the tendency to put parameters around my work, of what is “good or bad”, I do my best to give the ideas room. It is important to pursue the clues that linger on the periphery of my pottery, which are often sculptural and beyond the scale of tableware. The process each new idea reveals drives me forward."
Matt Kelleher has recently joined the ceramic faculty at Alfred University after a decade of working as a studio potter in the mountains of western North Carolina. Matt has participated in residencies at Penland School of Crafts, Archie Bray Foundation, and Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park in Shigaraki, Japan. As Matt continues to investigate soda-fired tableware, his studio practice now includes larger sculptural ideas. Kelleher received a MFA in ceramics at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a MA in printmaking from the University of Northern Iowa, and a BFA in ceramics from the Kansas City Art Institute.





Inna Olshansky

I was Born in Russia and explored many different mediums and techniques prior to choosing to specialize in clay and oil paint. After obtaining a degree in Tashkent , I developed my own way of expression , while at the same time , continuing to demonstrate a broad free style . In 1993 I moved to Israel and opened " Inna Ol'shansky Art" , a gallery-boutique in Tel Aviv . 2013 was the first year, when I started using bronze for sculptural work, which I really enjoy to work in . For more than 20 years I have been an independent full-time Artist, during which I have had many exhibitions across Israel. I want to say a few words about my creative process)): I work very intuitively. Starting with a raw idea or concept, I usually have only a vague, nebulous collection of ideas to begin. As I set up the structure of the sculpture, the vision becomes more real and solid in my mind... the elements I want to use, the overall look of the form... the attitude of the head, the expression and shape of the face all start to become more solid in my imagination. One part of the design is confirmed, leading to the next and the next element. Until I get my hands on the clay, I am never sure exactly what the end result will be. My way of working is to be guided by my instincts and to let the flow of ideas take me where they will.




Philippe Faraut

Sculptor and author Philippe Faraut is best known for his large body of portraiture created over the last twenty-five years in clay, wax, stone porcelain and bronze. His book and DVD series in additional to his instructional materials focusing on the fine art of modeling classical busts and figures in clay are used throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment